Installation preparation – How to Replace Press Jaw
1. Selecting Jaw
According to the size of fitting, select the jaw with relevant size by the mark on the surface. The mark on the jaw stands for the size of fittings that they work with.
2. Installing Jaw on to the Tool
Open the handles, then lose the nuts, which are in the jaw-reception groove by a wrench. Placing the jaw into the jaw-reception groove, make sure the two marked sides with the number are on the same plane, and then tighten the nuts back.
3. Adjusting the Pex Press Tool
After mount inserting is finished, close the handles until the two cross-sections are totally closed. Tighten the adjusting screw until the jaw is completely dose and cannot be shaken by hand. Tightening signal is marked on the tool.
- Use the reamer to chamfer pipe, round and bevel the connecting end of the pipe. Depending on the pipe size, use the size of the surface marker to select the appropriate reamer port.
- Make sure the stainless steel sleeve is seated in the plastic base of the filling, with the viewing ports against the plastic base. Then insert the pipe into the sleeve of the fitting until the pipe visibly fills the viewport.
- Open the pex press tool and position the tool right onto the sleeve. Close the handles until the two touch points on the handles touch each other.
- While the jaw is completely closed, the handles will be self-locked. Opening the handles and remove the pressing tool form the fitting and installation is accomplished.